By registering your families you will meet Head Start Standard 1302.53 Community Partnerships and Coordination with other Early Childhood and Education Programs.
- Access to the RMPD Virtual Family Wellness Conference.
- Access to Conference recording.
- Access to the Role Model Parenting Curriculum until the end of the 2022/2023 School Year.
- Priority booking for Professional Development and Conference Keynotes.
Get Ready For The Role Model Professional Development Virtual Family Wellness Conference!
Role Model Professional Development is excited to announce the launch of our new Virtual Family Wellness Conference. We have been engaging with Head Start and Early Childhood families since 2007, learning that your investment in family wellness is like blood to the heart; without it, there can be no life!
The pandemic has undoubtedly caused stress throughout family and staff members' lives—let us help get their hearts beating again by providing training sessions that will infuse new vitality into everyone!
Our training sessions will help infuse new life into the families and staff by teaching them about wellness, overcoming depression, disconnecting from stress, and reconnecting within the family. These strategies and tools can be used at home, school, and work, so everyone is better equipped when faced with difficult situations.
- Introduction & Motivation - Shawn Brown 1-1:20 pm
- Disconnecting From Stress - Sheryl Brown, LMFT 1:20 - 2:10 pm*
- Overcoming Depression - Pamela Shakir LCSW 2:10 - 3:00 pm*
- Family Stressed To Family Best - Bernadine Martinez, ME.D 3:00 - 3:50 pm*
- Vertical and Horizontal Relationships - Kim Rainey 3:50 - 4:30 pm
- Closing - Shawn Brown 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm
We hope you'll join us for this life-changing event! Register today!
*The last 5 to 10 minutes of these sessions will be break times.*
Introduction & Motivation
Shawn Brown, Motivational Speaker will provide a motivational and morale-boosting session that includes laughter, high energy, and a real vibe that connects with all staff and families.
Disconnecting From Stress
Sheryl Brown, LMFT will be instructing you to learn how to take better care of yourself by disconnecting from stress and maintaining your mental wellness. You should let the mind know it's in charge when you're feeling emotionally overwhelmed so that way, no matter what life throws at us - we can handle things with more ease!
Family Stressed To Family Best
Bernadine Martinez, ME.D. is going to share a tool parents can use to destress their home by really connecting to their children’s area of giftedness. You will learn a way to recognize some behavior characteristics in your child, the ones that are their area of strength, the characteristics that could indicate they are under pressure, what could be a great motivator for them, and my favorite part, a way to connect with them using loving statements that speak to an area of their giftedness.